Built in 1915, the Zobrist Building was designed by F. Stanley Piper as both a creamery and dairy distribution center for Peter Zobrist’s Van Wyck Dairy. At that time, the cost was estimated to be $25,000! Designed in the Commercial style, the two-story reinforced concrete building is rectangular in plan, and has a flat roof with a parapet. The building features walls clad in stucco and wood siding. Above the distribution center upstairs was a meeting hall, originally used by the Woodsmen of the World. In the 1920s the meeting hall was renamed Tulip Hall, as Bellingham was the “Tulip City.” Meetings galore were held by the likes of the Brotherhood of American Yeomen, Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen & Engineers No. 691, International Order of Odd Fellows’ Rising Star Lodge No. 202, Order of Vasa and the Women’s Benefit Association.
- Address: 1415 Cornwall Avenue, Bellingham
- Neighborhood: Downtown