Stop and Shop Building

Previously the Stop & Shop Public Market, from 1935-1939.  Howard’s Stop & Shop Market from 1940-1954.  Both of those businesses housed a Cafe’ and sold fresh dairy and meats.  Similar businesses operated under different names at this location from 1955-1963+.

In 1965 Claus Meats added their name which also included  Downard Stop & Shop Grocery beginning in 1970.   In 1980 the building began to house more retail merchants including Magnolia Smart Set beauty salon, Zephyr Records and more.

Today the building is home to Gathering Glass DesignsLooking Glass Salon, Monster Burrito, Espresso Avellino, Sandy and Vale’s Shoe Repair, and Sweet Art

  • Address: 122 East Magnolia Street, Bellingham 
  • Neighborhood: Downtown