Red Front Building
The red brick of the Red Front Building has been restored to its original glory. This building retains most of its original architectural features and ornamentation.
Built for Samuel Altshuler’s Red Front Clothing Store, over the last hundred years the building has housed a variety of businesses. The upper floor operated as the Savoy Hotel from 1915 to the early 1960s.
Engraved in stone above the building’s front column, the words “Canoe St” mark the name of the street before it was changed to “Commercial.”
- Address: 1303 Commercial Street, Bellingham
- Neighborhood: Downtown